**APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED – THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT WAS SEPTEMBER 21, 2023**
SPOTLIGHT FOR FALL OF 2024 – DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Talent can be from any area such as dance, drama, music, etc.
- Talent can be performed by a single person or a group of any size.
- Participants must be in grades 1-12 and live in Mobile or Baldwin Counties.
- Acts should be no longer than 2 minutes. The piece should be appropriate to the performer’s age and our audience (G rated). Show committee will have final authority on appropriateness of the selection.
- Participants are selected during the audition process on the basis of the judgement of a panel of 3 judges.
- Participants are responsible for their own costumes. The committee has final authority on the safety and appropriateness of costuming.
- All money won for your school (i.e. elementary, middle or high school) must be earmarked for an arts program. The winner can choose the arts program the funds should go toward.
- Schools receiving the funds must be located in Mobile or Baldwin Counties.
- If a group wins and members attend more than one school, the funds can either be divided amongst the schools or given to a particular school at the winner’s request.
- If the winner is homeschooled, the funds will be donated in their name to the public school which they are zoned for.
- Please note: If you were an award winner in any category at the SPOTLIGHT showcase in March of 2023, you will be ineligble to participate in the SPOTLIGHT showcase to be held October 29, 2023. However, you are invited to perform as an outgoing winner at the October showcase during the showcase for the division you previously won.
- If your group won last year, and 50% or more of the group participants has changed, you may compete again.
All applicants must submit the below application (one per individual or group). This video does not need to be professionally made (using a phone is acceptable). Keep in mind that the talent can only be a maximum of 2 minutes.
- Email a video to [email protected]. If you have trouble submitting, please call Valerie at 251.438.3621.
- Email a link to a YouTube or other video sharing service page of your performance to [email protected].
- OR Mail a DVD to: Spotlight, 751 Government St., Mobile, AL 36602 (write the name of group or individual on the DVD).
- Deadline to apply and submit a video is September 21, 2023.